Frequently Asked Questions

We’ve compiled answers to the questions our ACHS parents most frequently ask. Be sure to read more throughout this website and in our student handbook so that you’re well-informed and prepared to support your son or daughter through a successful educational journey.

How do I enroll my teen at Accelerated Charter High School?

We are thrilled to welcome new members to our community! Please visit our Registration page for the information about enrolling students into one of our schools. 

Back to Top

Is my child eligible for free or reduced lunch?

Many students are eligible for free meals! To participate, parents must fill out an application, which is available on the TJUHSD Food Services page. We serve meals between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Staff members will notify students when they are serving meals so all students present have an opportunity to have lunch. Students must have their student ID cards to receive a meal.

Back to Top

What is the dress code at ACHS?

The district encourages students to dress appropriately for school and enforces a dress code for all high school students. Research shows that students' dress and appearance have an impact on student attitude and conduct, and that appropriate grooming and dress are part of the learning process. We understand that students and their parents freely choose a style of dress that reflects the student's individuality, but we also believe that there are standards of appropriateness in grooming so as not to distract from the educational process. Please see the student handbook for detailed information about dress expectations.

Back to Top

What do I need to do if my child will be absent from school?

If a student must miss school, please call the school office on the day of his/her absence. For information about attendance requirements and what qualifies as an excused absence, please refer to our student handbook.

Back to Top

What if my child requires medication during the school day?

We will administer medication in accordance with state regulations and with physician and parental approval. Please complete our medication authorization form, and bring medications in the original, labeled packaging to the front office.

Back to Top